snarkysedai: (Default)
[personal profile] snarkysedai
I've really been trying to get more done on Hilarity Ensues! but keep getting distracted by this ridiculously horribly good short story I've gotten into my head, re: Fenris and Hawke. The general theme is that Hawke oopsy gets pregnant after their single night together, but it's not the happy, joyful thing I've read that others have written along the same theme. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to end this thing, but I'm at 22k words already and Hawke is only in her 5th month of pregnancy and Anders is coming on pretty strong, on a number of fronts.

So, until I get this out of my system and posted, Hilarity Ensues! will sit there, like it has been doing. Considering I'm estimating that it's going to be 1.3 million words and I've gotten something like 90k of those words completed and I'm not even done with one bloody page out of 16 of the bloody outline, I'm sure that I'll wind up publishing this thing on the usual fanfiction venues sometime in November.  I can only hope that I keep up the good, silly quality of it (it reads very much like something Pratchett would have vaguely approved of meets some of the old Harvard Lampoon parodies meets I R Serious Cat, This R Serious Story) and that it retains reader interest once it's finally published.

I'm also finding that it's difficult for me to keep on keeping with the actual story order.  I got so terribly bored about writing re: Chateau Haine, but I couldn't cut what I was writing off, short of some vague hand-waving and "they were all magically out of there!"  In my head, I've got some terribly good comedic pieces, including one absolutely absurd one that's a scant few hundred words already typed up, and I don't want to skip the entire thing entirely.  But it does get boring plodding along and writing over and over, and I wanted to do a little bit of fluff and focus on Hawke and Fenris's wedding (which is totally going to happen in Hilarity Ensues!, although it's probably not going to be the wonderful, magical day that everyone expects, considering how things work in that universe.) 

So, in short, I wanted to write some fluff, and wound up getting caught up in a 22k word short story that I'm barely halfway through (and maybe not even then, depending), and I'm about 90k out of about 1.3 million words in my big story, and I wish I had someone to do fan art because my photoshopped, digital messes are a frickin MESS I tell you whut.


Profile

snarkysedai: (Default)
snarkysedai

June 2017

S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
111213 14151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 04:27 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios