Second appointment with this psychiatrist. He actually listens to me and takes my input, which is why we’re switching from Risperdal to Seroquel. If we can get Seroquel to work with my insurance company, that is :-\
The plus side is that he seemed to at least *understand* my babbling about dreams on Seroquel vs. dreams on Risperdal. Trust me, that’s a big deal. Last psych-type doctor I saw would have rolled her eyes and told me to deal with it.
Tomorrow I get to visit my regular clinic doctor and we’ll deal with my metformin and diabetes supplies while I’m there, to help compensate for the increased blood sugar the Seroquel will bring. I’ve gained more than 10 pounds since my last visit in November, so hopefully implementing these changes to my diabetes medications coupled with gentle Wii Fit exercises will help curb some of that.
The plus side is that he seemed to at least *understand* my babbling about dreams on Seroquel vs. dreams on Risperdal. Trust me, that’s a big deal. Last psych-type doctor I saw would have rolled her eyes and told me to deal with it.
Tomorrow I get to visit my regular clinic doctor and we’ll deal with my metformin and diabetes supplies while I’m there, to help compensate for the increased blood sugar the Seroquel will bring. I’ve gained more than 10 pounds since my last visit in November, so hopefully implementing these changes to my diabetes medications coupled with gentle Wii Fit exercises will help curb some of that.